New Echota's First Council House
The 1819 council house consisted of two open shelter facing each other with a log house at one end. Its exact location has never been determined but it probably stood near the center of town. In 1822 the Council authorized the construction of a new council house to replace it.
New EchotaHistorical SiteNative AmericanGeorgiacherokeeCouncil House